Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Comfort.

I was asked this weekend if I was able to see God as my comfort. Quickly, I replied yes, reflecting on the difficult year that I just ended. God was my comfort in my depression, in my insecurity, in my anxiety and in my rejection. Most importantly, the hope of Jesus and His love for me became my comfort to overcome these daily struggles.

"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is"

In the midst of our trials and situations, we must rely on the hope of Jesus as our comfort. Without Him we do feel alone and hopeless. There were days I didn't think that there was hope, but Jesus was always there, reminding me that He was holding my heart in His hands at all times. How comforting is that?!

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
 Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment