Sunday, June 5, 2011

True Beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPxAlS37jA.

Is our beauty from ourselves, from others, from selfish desires? Or is it from Christ?
God loves us. He cherishes us. He chose us. He created us. As I think about what it means to have "true beauty" my mind suddenly races to the photos of girls with perfectly highlighted hair, white teeth, and come off as if they have it all together. True beauty is not from the outside; it is from a heart of Christ.

"True beauty...is found in a soul completly surrendered to Jesus Christ, a heart consumed by Him alone, and a life eagerly poured out for His sake..." (The Lost Art of True Beauty, Leslie Ludy)

Each day, repeat this over and over:
I am beautiful.
I am cherished.
I am made new.
I am complete.
I am worthy.
I am loved.
I am beautiful because of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment