Monday, June 20, 2011

Life Can Knock Us Down.

Do you ever feel so burned out, that you can't even imagine what to do next? Life is crazy, but we must realize that God accepts us for who we are NOT what we have done. If we feel like a failure, have been rejected, or we feel inadequate, we must turn to the One who's love is not circumstantial, but rather steadfast and never ending.

Sometimes, I feel rejected and not good enough. I feel not good enough to love, not good enough to lead, not good enough to follow, and not good enough to make an impact. Having hope surpasses all perceptions of rejection; He wants us to be made clean.

I am lost and alone,
feeling unworthy.
The world that once welcomed me,
has broken me down.
Worry passes over me,
Am I as unworthy as the lies that scream at me?
Why am I not enough? Can I ever surpass this
inadequacy that I feel?
My heart weeps in sorrow.
The world I once belonged to broke me apart.
My walls and ground are torn.
Torn and shattered, my heart sees a light.
I am broken through by hope.
Made whole again by the blood of Christ.
Mending a heart so broken, so bruised
by this cruel world.
I have given away my pain,
awaiting the arrival of a clean spirit.
My God is my rock, and I am His beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment