Friday, June 10, 2011

Brokenness.

Is it hard for you to believe that everyone is broken, in some way or another? I know this was hard for me. I used to think that faking being okay was the way to hide my brokenness, and that it would fade away if I ignored it. This past year, I have began to embrace brokenness in such a way that my brokenness is what makes me a precious and prized gift in the eyes of my Savior. A book, called So Long Insecurity, by Beth Moore, was recommended to me. I have never been so touched and moved by a book in my life. Page by page, sentence by sentence, truth and realization is brought into my life and I see a glimpse of hope; a glimpse that I am not alone in my constant chronic insecurity.

"...I don't just doubt myself, but I also doubt God about myself..." (18)
"...Let God get to that terrified part of you that devours the rest..."(26)

Only through cleansing and healing of Christ are we able to overcome this brokenness. A brokenness that we try to hide from One who knows us better than we could ever understand ourselves, despite our constant and never ending battles. "We must remember that God designed emotions... He knows that our hearts are broken..."

I challenge you to see brokenness as a window of opportunity to humble yourself at the foot of the cross and deeply connect with Christ in a way that you are no longer bound to your brokenness, but rather are healed and redeemed like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment